25-Hydroxyvitamin D level is associated with mortality in patients with critical COVID-19: a prospective observational study in Mexico City
et al., Nutrition Research and Practice,
Prospective study of 94 COVID-19 patients in Mexico, showing lower vitamin D levels associated with mortality in multivariate analysis. 84% of patients were vitamin D deficient, and the remaining 16% had insufficient vitamin D levels.
risk of death, 98.7% lower, RR 0.01, p < 0.001, high D levels (≥20ng/dL) 0 of 15 (0.0%), low D levels (<20ng/dL) 63 of 79 (79.7%), NNT 1.3, relative risk is not 0 because of continuity correction due to zero events (with reciprocal of the contrasting arm), unadjusted.
Effect extraction follows pre-specified rules prioritizing more serious outcomes. Submit updates
This study is excluded in the after exclusion results of meta
unadjusted results with no group details.
Parra-Ortega et al., 24 Aug 2021, prospective, Mexico, peer-reviewed, 9 authors.